Policy & Market Analysis
TIAX California helps to guide policy development and market adoption by analyzing technologies, opportunities, and strategies.
We evaluate policies and market opportunities in terms of their technology benefits, weighed against techno-economic trade-offs relative to competitive technologies. Benefits include improved performance, lower pollutant emissions, lower carbon intensity, and economic advantages. Costs include both direct costs (such as initial technology cost, amortized capital cost, and operation and maintenance cost) and indirect costs (such as the monetized societal costs of environmental, economic, and health impacts).
Examples of clients for whom TIAX has performed Policy & Market Analysis work:
- Performed the advanced technology assessment used by the National Academy of Sciences for the national strategy to improve medium- and heavy-duty fuel efficiency
- Analyzed alternative fuel pathways to meet California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard for the California Air Resources Board
- Conducted technical, economic, and policy analysis for the States of Oregon and Washington to support development of their low carbon fuel standards
- Modeled the costs and emissions benefits of “black box” measures for ozone attainment for the South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Developed the most comprehensive natural gas vehicle market analysis to date for America’s Natural Gas Alliance
For more information contact Karen Law via email or by phone at 408-517-1550.